Thursday, July 30, 2009

365 Card Challenge - July 28, 2009 - An "Eye" for an "I"

Today's challenge is called an "Eye" for an "I" because I want you to substitute one word that sounds like another, but has a different meaning - and use it in your sentiment. I believe they call this a homophone (I even Googled it!), and I've seen them used on stamps, rub-ons, and stickers, so there are lots to choose from. And when in doubt, computer-generated always works.

Sorry to be posting late for the challenges. The internet has been more down and not working than up and working. Here is my card, which is actually an invitation. I thought of the words Sunday / Sundae when this challenge was posted. Every Sunday after church my mother, daughter and I would eat lunch at the “Sundae Shop”. It was a small locally owned restaurant with home cooked meals. We would have anything from chicken and noodles, hotdogs, pizza and of course we would always have ice cream or a sundae. This small restaurant closed about a year ago because of road construction and we miss them.

For this card I printed the “C” “U” and “Sundae” on the Cricut using the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge and the sundae picture is clip art. I stamped the inside using the CTMH August Stamp of the Month (available from your consultant 8/1/09). The blue sheer ribbon is from my stash.






3 comments:

  1. Way to go Rebecca! Great idea! Why didn't "eye" think of that??? Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a tough time with this idea, but you ROCKED it! great play on words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this?! Well that stinks that the restaurant closed....

    ReplyDelete