Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Card using Twine

365 Cards - Day 238 - Fine Twine:
Can you guess what this challenge is all about? Maybe you've used thread or embroidery floss, but what about twine? I think I actually have some buried in my stash that I've never used! So now would be the time to pull it out.

After a rainy Friday, its a cool and windy fall day here in Southeast Ohio. The leaves are beautiful and the hill sides are so colorful.

For this challenge I made a 6x6 card -- using brads from my stash to put the light brown cardstock on the off white card base. I got out the CuttleBug to cut and emboss the leaves on this card and used Archival Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink to highlight the raised leaves. The twine that I used is by The Beadery Craft Products and put it through the holes on the brown button from my stash.

close-up of the leaves
Thanks for looking at today's card.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely fall card. Beautiful leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a perfect fall card! i love fall, so I'm really loving this card. this is PERFECT for twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leaves are beautiful, Rebecca, and the twine adds a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete